In Italy, as the days started getting shorter, I just became more and more exited about all the holiday goodies that would arrive. Pandoro became my new bread from mid October well into January. Using AnnaMaria’s fruit jams, here is a really easy way to use that tasty Italian brioche to make a grand centerpiece to your holiday desert or breakfast table.
1 large Pandoro, Bauli is a good option.
1 container of mascarpone cheese
1 jar of Strawberry Rose or Almond Apricot jams
- Cut the Pandoro in star shaped slices about an inch thick, 6 to 7 layers.
- Spread mascarpone cheese on the top of each slice.
- Spread one of our fruit jams on top of the mascarpone.
- Place the slices back on top of each other with a slight turn so that the Pandoro looks like a tree, as in our picture.
- If desired, dust with the powdered sugar that comes with the Pandoro.